Monday, November 29, 2010

Badminton Blues

Ok so for the sake of people in this story I will not be using real names. There is a man in my ward and he always says "hi" to me and every time he sees me he asks my name... really how many times do you have to hear "Mari" to remember it. I just feel like whenever he greets he always smiles a little too long. He is an RM (and we all know that the main goal of an RM is to find that one special woman, and I am not quite ready to be that special woman to anyone) So whenever I see him I avert my eyes, so as to avoid eye-contact. But at church eye-contact is, unfortunately, unavoidable. SO today he smiles and says hi, I smile and move on as fast as I can. Then I hear someone running behind me, and you guessed it, it was this guy. So he ask my name and I tell him "Mari" and then he asks me if I like Badminton... BAD NEWS BEARZ! I can already see where this is going because we are in the middle of intramural season, and yes this week the sport happens to be Badminton. So I say, "Sure I like it, I am just really bad at", then he says "it's ok, I want you to be my badminton partner"... are you KIDDING ME?? He didn't even know his name!! So this is really awkward because I really don't want to be his partner, AND even if I did do it I wouldn't want him to get the wrong idea. So I ended up telling him that I didn't have time because I had work and he said "it's ok it's on wednesday" I'm not sure why he thought that the fact that it was on wednesday changed anything... because it didn't. So I told him that because I wasn't going to work this weekend I had to get all of my 19 hours in during the weekdays so I was swamped. Then I just walked away after saying sorry.... I hope that wasn't too rude

3 comments:

  1. love love love love love. please marry him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehh being rude is necessary in some awkward situations like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The important thing is that you didn't say yes when you meant no. I would never want a girl just to say yes out of obligation... well maybe I would.. if she was super cute.

    ReplyDelete