Sunday, November 14, 2010

No Ifs, Ants, Or Butts About It!

Ok so I am going to start this off by saying that this week has been HORRIBLE!! So many bad things have happened, but don't worry I haven't lost hope yet! Now from the beginning on Monday, I woke up a 6 in the morning to go running, which wasn't that bad but half way through the run I lost my hear-bud cover. Then both my roommate and I left our keys in the room when we went to our first classes, leaving us stranded and locked out, and the RA's were nowhere to be found...awesome. So I started crying, which was totally embarrassing because I broke down in the middle of the court yard and I couldn't get into my room. Anyway the rest of the week was lame, and just upsetting.
Yesterday I had noticed a few ants coming in through the bottom corner of my window. After smashing what seemed to me like 50 ants I became frustrated and grabbed my stain remover (the only semi-lethal chemical I had in my room) and sprayed them... that only worked for a few minutes before they came back. But by that time my friend had come to the rescue with a large canister of RAID, bless her soul!! And so I sprayed the crap out of the bottom of my window. Then for some reason I can't remember I lifted my curtain and behind it, in the space of 1 foot (from the top corner of my window, to my cork board) there were about 50 ants marching back and forth! This is extra irritating because my roommate and I make a point of not eating in our room for this exact reason... anyway so I decided to check out the cork board because that is where they looked like they were going, and when I peeled back the corner there was a whole any colony behind it!! I freaked out (obviously) and I took down EVERY single picture on my cork board and took the cloth down and RAIDED the entire thing to kill the ants. Needless to say I was extremely upset... and just like I have been doing all week when I have become up set I started to cry... LAME!!
Now on to the butt of the matter. Today I was running late to an interview I had with the Bishop to get my temple recommend in order to go to the re-dedication. So when my roommate (who was coming with me) and I walked out of the cafeteria from lunch it was pouring rain outside. We decided to run from shelter to shelter so that we could remain as dry as possible, well we had reached the end of our current shelter and we had to run across a brick courtyard that is in front of the library. I slip of my sandals so the wouldn't make me slip and we start tearing across this courtyard and everything is fine and I am flying well once I hit the side walk I immediately remember something about the side walks here at BYUH. They are probably one of the MOST slippery surfaces on the planet and they are 10x worse when it is rainy and wet. Needless to say my feet start sliding and then the slide out from under me completely and I slam into the ground but not unlike the curling stones in the Olympics I continue to slide. In total I spend 10 seconds sliding on my butt. My roommate is right behind me and she is laughing her head off (as well she should have because I imagine that I looked quite funny, due to the fact that I was wearing a skirt that was no longer doing its job of covering my legs and had decided that my top half needed a bit more covering, leaving my undies out for everyone to see). We had a good laugh and I ended up making it to the appointment on time, which is good! And I am so excited to be able to go to the rededication!!

1 comment:

  1. That is crazy!! ha ha ha!!! LOVE your story at the end! I'm sorry about all of the extra unwanted roommates! I hope the eviction goes well and they take the hint!! Miss you and love you!!

    ReplyDelete