Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Naked Truth

Ok, so this story begins my first week here at college. My mom had come with me to college to get me settled in and to get everything squared away with my elongated bum-crack (my cystectomy; the cyst was on my tailbone). First thing we do is go to the health center to get everything checked out with the doctor. The nurse had come in and done the usual stuff, taking my weight, height, age... then she turns to me and says "take off your pants and the doctor will be with you in a minute". I looked at her and asked "seriously? You want me to just take my pants off before he comes in?"... she looked at me like i was an idiot and said "Yes"... then i turned to my mom, and as i was taking my pants off i said "what a way to meet someone, with your pants off." the nurse didn't seem to think that my witty comment was very witty. She just looked at me and left. When the man comes i recognize him immediately and my head snaps to my mother and announce to the room that the doctor standing in front of me is the second counselor in my bishopric. Not only is he the second counselor but i am sitting on the examination table with my pants off... awesome. He asks if it would be too awkward, and i tell him that it doesn't matter, i already had my pants off anyway, so we are over the worst of it anyway. It turns out he is a really nice guy and it was good to bond with a member of the bishopric even if it was over my bum.
Well now to this week, one of the worst things about living in the dorm is having to share the showers with everyone in our unit AND the unit next to us... it SUCKS. Anyway so the universal sign of an open shower is an open curtain. Unfortunately whenever the cleaning ladies come through they leave all of the shower curtains closed. That is a little awkward because if you come in after they clean you don't know if the shower is empty and freshly cleaned, or if theres is someone in there. Now on to my story. I had just finished my shower and i was drying my hair, when all of the sudden the curtain is pulled back and i hear the most awkward apology i have ever heard in my life. then the curtain is yanked back... now i didn't get a good look at the person who pulled the curtain back but i am like %90 sure that it is my visiting teacher.
So if i continue my education here i'm thinking that one day i'll work up to mooning the president of the college or something!! haha

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mari! What a story!! I love your stories! You should be a writer!:) I love all of the connections and crazy stories of being at college! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I laughed so hard! Great story!

    ReplyDelete